Monday 28 February 2011

What I am not so into:


Is the idea of a product.  I’m not sure of where this project is going, but the leaps forward into the product of a workshop or gallery installation feel some how premature.  I thought the point of this month was to somehow articulate, share and reflect our “dreaming” stage, and then go into editing shape and structure.  Having said that I have no idea when the chalk farm workshop will be and what the pressures are in sorting ourselves out maybe we should be thinking about that now.

I have to say I am less enthusiastic about the dependence of “audience participation” process expecting or demanding them to do things.  I’m just not that clear on what we’re asking them to do or why?   I interested in creating a world for them to engage in.  But that might be too “productive.” 

I know your reservations about product and making artistic products, but I also think it’s a bit of a fallacy to ignore people’s archetypal expectations.  I want to know what the effect of all this is meant to be.  What are we trying to achieve?  I’m not sure if I’m satisfied with seeing what the audience come up with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment