Monday 28 February 2011

So to sum up:


  • I’m a bit confused and lacking in understanding in where we are going. 
  • “Product”, we seem to have established, seems to be a negative thing and is becoming a dirty word!  Why is this?  Are we afraid of it?  I get this sense of reaction / friction from you Meg but does Liz feel this way too? 
  • In the spirit of process I am unsure about whether the process of posting everyday is working, (well it wasn't for me last week anyway) and I suppose this is why I might have stopped writing.  Logisically, I need more time than 24 hours to think and respond rather than just respond to some fairly heavy duty responses!  But I am interested in thinking why it isn’t…


Somehow our responses and shared collectiveness is getting harder and harder to sustain. 
Why is that?  Was it just goodwill at the beginning that fuelled our first flurry of responses or was it the new environment which is getting less new for you guys?  Is our methodology flawed?  Are the mediums that we find so expressive  (dance, visual art, words) not enough for the others perhaps, or not pushing us enough in terms of process? 
What is the expectation of the shared collective “work” anyway?  

Was it to create something strangely nebulous – but rich?

Finally I have been reading Jung who talks about a deep collective consciousness that exists within all humanity that connects us in a deep elemental level through our use of symbology in dreams for example (what we identify as benign, attractive, dangerous.) 
I don’t know what these means for our project but there is undeniably some kind of parallels, like we are all talking in a different language and trying to understand each other.  I'd like to keep this chatter going for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment